Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well I'm waiting on a call back from my doctor now, I had…

Customer Question
Well I'm waiting on...

Well I'm waiting on a call back from my doctor now, I had black stool this morning and a peachy colored urine late last night and this morning my stool was a light pool of blood. But when I just went now it was a smaller amount but had a bit of a fuzzy highlight of blood and a clayish color of red blotches and a strange black color. I've felt quite lightheaded for the past 20 minutes and have a really faight sensation in my abdomin. I'm trying to distinguish if a urgent care can help me or emergency room

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Great, felt good for awhile and have had normal stools

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I really don't believe so, and idk if this could be related to hamburger meat at all by any chance?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Alright, last thing I ate last night was a hamburger and it was a bit bloody but I cooked it for 10 minutes to reach a good temperature. If that at all could mean anything.

You should be in ER by now.

Black colored stool means melena (which is blood coming high up from the gastrointestinal tract and the color changes due to bacterial degradation). This coupled with some fresh blood means that bleeding is significant, and now you are getting symptoms also (dizzy).

You need urgent CBC, and may need blood transfusion, and urgent evaluation by a GI doctor for possible endoscopy.

Endoscopy can make a diagnosis as well as can be used to clip the bleeding area.

You should not wait any further and go to ER asap

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Thanks for visiting JA !