Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My uncle has a pacemaker he was having some problems he went…

Customer Question
My uncle has a...

My uncle has a pacemaker he was having some problems he went to the hospital my concern is as they had put the sticky heart monitor on top of the pacemaker is it possible that that could cause a problem with his pacemaker and his blood pressure was very high after doing so

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

He was in the hospital last week for five days and yes he does have a problem as had a problem with his blood pressure but I'm just worried that when they stuck the sticky patch that monitors his heart they put it on top of his pacemaker

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He's an disabled amputee War veteran when is Lakers amputated he did have King Green he also is borderline diabetic urinary tract infection and I believe that the stump of his leg it's got an infection and also

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I am sorry to hear about your concerns, but those patches do not affect blood pressure. They simply measure the electrical activity of the heart.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!