Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell on my face and I got rug burn on my nose and my teeth…

Customer Question
I fell on my...

I fell on my face and I got rug burn on my nose and my teeth went thru my lip and it swell petty bad and my neck hurts. I am to embrass to go outside looking like this. What can I do for the burn, swelling lip, and sore neck?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

Since Saturday

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hello. Sorry to hear about your fall. This sounds serious. If your teeth went through your lip you are at high risk of infection and poor healing. Your neck pain may indicate a cervical spine injury from the fall. This could result in damage to the nerves going into your arms or legs. I would suggest you make an appointment today to see your GP or go into urgent care for an evaluation and treatment of your injuries. There is no reason to be embarrassed as we see these types of injuries all the time. Accidents happen.

Does this make sense, Milton?