Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having terrible sinus pain on the one side of my face.

Customer Question
I am having terrible...

I am having terrible sinus pain on the one side of my face. i have taken some over the counter sinus meds and ibuproffin. how can i make the pain subside?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

A couple of days........... no skin issues.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My nose is running on that side a lot. I did a nasal flush also.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

What is the dose of ibuprofen that you took? Was it beneficial?

i have taken probably 6 ibuproffin(200 mg.) in the last 6 hrs. No it hasn't made the pain subside............
What do u recommend?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

In addition to ibuprofen, you should also take Tylenol. The combination of Tylenol and ibuprofen will be more effective and will relieve your pain. You should also apply a warm compress with a warm, wet washcloth across your forehead, eyes, and cheeks and this will ease the swelling and pain. Using a humidifier will also help.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!