Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a cough fever for a week. Went to urgent care…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a cough fever for a week. Went to urgent care yesterday and got a z pak. I’m asthmatic. Still can’t breathe and o2 is at 86%. Temp 100.1. Should I go to ED?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

One whole week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Asthma depression insomnia allergies osa a couple of sergeries

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your oxygen saturation is not good and your airways are in spasm. I would recommend you to use your inhaler if you have and in case saturation does not comes above 92 percent or your breathing does not improve then do seek urgent care for IV drugs to relieve spasm.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I have been on steroids a nebuluzer every two hours as well as my inhaler

Thanks for the reply.

If all these medicines could not ease your breathing then it is better to seek urgent care and get thorough evaluation and management.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.