Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Saturday night i noticed that my throat is dry and i needed…

Customer Question
Hello,Saturday night i noticed that...
Hello,Saturday night i noticed that my throat is dry and i needed to drink water frequently. Yesterday, i started having runny nose.
Today i have diarrhea. now , i have all of the above. i dont know what i have and it diarrhea is related to same condition or separate.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have nausea?

Did such symptoms started after taking outside meals?

Do you have abdomen cramps?

Age?

Do you have fever?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

i dont have nausea and no abdomen pain, no fever. I felt suddenly that i had to go to the bathroom twice. I did not eat outside.
the first thing i had is sore throat them runny nose......then diarrhea.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, such symptoms can be related with Viral flu.

Sometimes, diarrhea can also come with viral throat infection.

You need to take Tab Imodium(it is available as OTC) to reduce the frequency of bowel movements ,this can be taken maximum up to 4 times as per the requirement.

You should take Tylneol to get relief from body ache.

You should eat something containing salt, such as crisps or soup.
You should maintain good standards of hygiene .You can take Ready-mixed rehydration sachets (eg Dioralyte, Rehidrat). You should Keep yourself hydrated, and maintain fluid levels.

For throat infection, you can Gargle with hot, saline water - mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.
You can go for Steam inhalation - Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.
Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.
You can suck on hard sweets - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.
You can take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC) for next 4-5 days.

Viral symptoms, usually get resolve by its own in 4-5 days.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

is going to steam room help? or pho soup?

Yes, steam inhalation would surely help you.

You can also, Improve your immunity by taking a multivitamin multi mineral supplement.

It may take few days, to become free from such symptoms.

It is not related with any serious issue. Please be relaxed, and use measures, as discussed in previous post.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Do you have any other question?

I am Online for your help.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor