Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm so embarrassed. I'm on the toilet and my stool seems to…

Customer Question
I'm so embarrassed. I'm...

I'm so embarrassed. I'm on the toilet and my stool seems to be stuck. Been here for 20 minutes. I'm home alone

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

It just happened. I take BP medicine

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Metoprolol. Allergic to penicillin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Other than high BP no

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/8/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Alright, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. When something like this happens it is usually better to fill a tub with warm water and sit in it and try to pass the stool. If that does not work you can manipulate the stool with your fingers gently trying to stimulate both the rectum and also gently trying to dis-impact the stool.

If that does not work then, give it some more time, try to take a walk for about 10 minutes and massage the belly. You can also use glycerine suppositories if all else fails.

If still stuck, then getting medical attention is warranted.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!