Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is Dannon disease. My granddaughter has Dannon disease.

Customer Question
What is Dannon disease ...

What is Dannon disease

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My granddaughter has Dannon disease

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I would like ifo on this disease

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/8/2018
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only
How old is your granddaughter?
Does she have a history of heart problems?
24yrs has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy had a heart transplant a year ago
Ok, it’s actually called Damon’s Disease, which is a congenital (born with it) disease that causes thickening of the wall of the heart (cardiomyopathy)Let me find you more info on it
Sorry, autocorrect changed it - “Danon”
Here’s a link to the NIH website that has more info https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/danon-diseaseLet me know if you need more specific info, although that website has a lot of info

Did my response answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

do you have any further questions on this topic?