Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am on 150 mg xl wellbutrin and 100 mg zoloft and 30 mg…

Customer Question
Hello. I am on...

Hello. I am on 150 mg xl wellbutrin and 100 mg zoloft and 30 mg vyvanse for ptsd and add. I recently reduced my wellbutrin from 300 mg to 150 because it was giving me weird head pressure and causing confusion. Now, the head pressure is mostly alleviated (still kind of present sometimes) but I have been having debiilitating anxiety. This wasn't so much the case before, but I recently had a pretty big traumatic trigger and since then, about halfway through the day I start getting lightheaded and feel like my heart is racing and feel panicky, and also get into kind of obsessive spiraling though processes. I live in a state with a immensely overgrounded/ underresourced mental health care system. I can only get into see a psychiatrist briefly once every three months and basically have to do my own research and take the initiative tell her what medication adjustments I think would be useful in order for anything to happen. A friend I trust with experience in mental healthcare recently recommended lamictal to help with the anxiety. Do you think I should ask my psychiatrist about switching to lamictal? If so, would you recommend adjusting adjusting or going off any of the other meds? Also, is there a possibility that I'm getting too much seratonin (and this is cause the head pressure and feeling of paralysis/ dread)? Thank you!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Um about 6 weeks. I can't find anything to alleviate the anxiety symptoms, but going down on the welbutrin helped a bit with the headaches

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I don't think so ok

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 2 days by:
1/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

The wellbutrin is surely causing this

lower doses sometimes do

I would ask to go down to 75 mg daily

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)