Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband was diagnosed by a Neurologist, with PLS at least…

Customer Question
My husband was diagnosed...

My husband was diagnosed by a Neurologist, with PLS at least 6 or 7 years ago, he sent us to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Fl. which agreed with the diagnosed. he went back to see the Neurologist here in town and he ran the same test and watched him from behind walk. which is what lead to the diagnosed to begin with, the Neurologist said he has never misdiagnosed a patient in his career until now. he told him he had no signs of PLS. But now my husband started hurting in both his feet, then it travel up both legs and now both hips are hurting him. Our primary care doctor had an MRI ran last week and said it only showed more arthritis in his lower back (that was today) he is schedule to take the test where the stick needles in you, which he has had in the past with the Neurologist and Mayo. here is a list of his medicine: KlonoPin, WarFarin 1mg and 5 mg, Mag-Oxide 400 mg, MetFormin 500mg, Crestor 10mg, Tramol 50mg, Trazodone 50mg (but can take up to 200mg a day), Hydrocod/Acetam 5-325mg 2 times a day.Vitamins: C 500mg, B-12, Fish Oil, Calcium 500mg, Fiber, Iron 28mg, Garlic, Potassium 99mg, Men's 1a Day, Oster Bi-Flex, and 1 or 2 at the most of Calais 5mg. Family History: Father died in his 80's from a blood clot due to surgery, Mother died at 85 from complications from Deminta , Middle sister 20 yrs his senior, died in her middle 70's from complications from UTI and had diabetes, his oldest sister 30 yrs his senior died mainly old age in her late 80's, Grand Mother died in her 90' with breast cancer.hi pearl, I had typed up my husbands, problems, medication list, and all I had to do was pay, however I had problems with PayPal and I seemed to have lost all the communication I just had with you.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

You already have that list

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

You have that also.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.What service offer?
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Like ALS, diagnosing PLS is a diagnosis of exclusion, as there is no one test that can confirm a diagnosis of PLS. Either way, the EMG should help in terms of ruling these things in or out. It will also help in terms of ruling out a peripheral neuropathy which he is at risk for due to the diabetes. This condition typically causes slowly ascending pain from the feet up the legs. See if you can get an updated MRI of the brain and spinal cord as well, to rule out other possible causes.

Does this make sense?