Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have spells I will call them when my hard rate gets

Customer Question
I have spells I...

I have spells I will call them when my hard rate gets extremely high and I have shortness of breath?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I take Lisinopril (HCTZ), 12.5 MG, Metoprolol 25MG, Nabumetone 500Mg,Estradiol 1 MG

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Sulfa, have not discussed with my doctor yet!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had colon cancer in 2007, cancer free at this time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/8/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. From what you are describing it sounds like that you may be experiencing a condition which is known as heart arrhythmias. This is a condition in which you have a rapid irregular heart beat. This encompasses a wide group of conditions which can include arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation or even supraventricular tachycardia. When this happens the blood supply to the organs including the heart can be affected which leads to symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain, sweating, palpitations, dizziness, lightheadedness and even loss of consciousness in some cases. The diagnosis here can be made with the help of a simple EKG, echocardiogram and also with the help of a 24 hour or even a week-long Holter monitor test. A Holter monitor looks at your heart for a prolonged period of time and would be easily able to diagnose the problem. Once diagnosed it can be easily controlled with medications.

I would recommend that you DO get the tests done as this can be easily treated once diagnosed.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask