Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had gastric bypass 14months ago. Everyone once in awhile I…

Customer Question
Hello. I had gastric...

Hello. I had gastric bypass 14months ago. Everyone once in awhile I get a wicked Center upper abdominal pain. Usually fetal position helps and laying flat makes it worse. It happens usually every two wks lasting for about twelve hours. The last one two nights ago I took tramocet Tylenol 3 and torridol and nothing dulled it. That was two nights ago. Yesterday evening I noticed my right shin felt weird. Puked my pants up and it was swollen from the knee down to ankle. This evening same leg once again has the same swelling.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Omeprazol, modafinal, lately tramocet no I have no allergies

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Since surgery lipase was elevated. Last test it was back to normal. Pancreas slightly elevated. One gallstone but was told not to worry about it. Low blood count and clotting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/8/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I just came online and saw your question unanswered for long.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have pain, redness, warmth and tenderness on calf?

26 female. No warmth tenderness at all. Just tight and swollen

You may need to get an ultrasound off swelling done. We need an high index of suspicion for a sudden swelling in calf to rule out blood clot (deep vein thrombosis). You need a blood test called D-dimer too.

If these come negative, you may do warm compresses and take Motrin.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Would the severe centre abdominal pain be linked to the swelling in the one leg

Yes, this may be linked to the swelling in leg as clot may migrate to abdomen.

You need to go to ER.

It is privilege assisting you.

Hope you are doing good.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
I’m not okay with rating 5 stars when it took hours for the initial response

I can understand.

I wish you very best in all your endeavours and a very happy, healthy and prosperous, year 2018.

Regards,