Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m trying to determine if I need to go to the ER. I am

Customer Question
I’m trying to determine...

I’m trying to determine if I need to go to the ER. I am having almost the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my lower right side and hip. The only thing worse pain-wise was child birth. I’ve tried rest, ice, heat and Tylenol and ibuprofen and it’s just steadily getting worse. I don’t know what to do

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

I have been all week, yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I might potentially be pregnant, but the last test I did said negative. But I am still 2 months late

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

With the kind of pain that you are having, you MUST go to the ER.

There are many serious causes such as appendicitis, ruptured ovarian cyst, ureteric stone among other causes that need to be considered and ruled out immediately.

You also require strong intravenous pain medications or intramuscular pain medications to help with the severe pain that you are having.

You will likely require a CAT scan of your abdomen.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done asking.
Kindest regards