Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a strange bitter taste in my mouth and kind of a

Customer Question
I have a strange...

I have a strange bitter taste in my mouth and kind of a tingling on my lips and mouth

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really have Thyroid disease but is controlled with meds and I take Quetiapone Fumarate 50 mg for depression and anxiety

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
How long have you had this bitter taste?
About 2 weeks and I just notice that it seems to be getting worse
Have you had a change in diet recently or have you had any sinus congestion or cold and flu or allergies symptoms?
Not really some sinus drainage but I have that always
I take over the counter meds for heartburn could that cause it??? I have taken it for a long time but recently changed to an off brand of Prilocec ???
The most common cause of a bitter taste are new medications or even a change in brand. The second most common cause is anything they might contain pine nuts or pine nut ingredients. And finally the 3rd cause is a change in your bacterial flora. That can happen from a recent antibiotic use or change in diet.

Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can expand on.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

-Dr. Mo