Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have been having some dizziness and in once case I blacked…

Customer Question
Have been having some...

Have been having some dizziness and in once case I blacked out from this. Weird feeling in my head, heard to describe

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

I blacked out while I was driving about 2 months ago and felt queasy for a few days after that but my stats were fine. Recently I've experienced the same thing. I was driving yesterday on turnpike and was able to make it to the shoulder and gathered my composure. Same as my previous episode, my head feels strange and I feel that I may have a black out again but am managing to control it, but last night I experienced a nose bleed from one nostril.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. I've been healthy and fit for most of my adult life. I know I'm stressed because I am taking care of my mother who has Alzheimers, but this has been going on for years and I've never felt this before, but I am older and have not had a chance to workout like I used to and not sure if this may be stress related. I normally don't get nervous over these things, but my mother depends on me so am a bit worried.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, from what you are describing it sounds like that this is something which an be due to a couple of conditions. The first one is that you could be experiencing a heart issue which is known as heart arrhythmias. This is a condition in which the heart beats rapidly and irregularly for a short period of time which can lead to dizziness, lightheadedness as well as shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations, sweating among other symptoms. This would be diagnosed with an EKG, echocardiogram and also with the help of a 24-hour Holter monitor test which would look at the heart for a full 24 hours. The treatment is with various medications. The nose bleeds can also occur due to the changes in the blood pressure caused by the irregular heart beats.

Another cause of this could be related to the brain, sudden onset of dizziness as well as nose bleeds along with a tendency to black out would need to be evaluated with the help of a Ct scan or even an MRI of the brain. This would be necessary in your case. I would even recommend an EEG and certain types of seizures can also present in this manner.

But given that you are experiencing this more frequently now, you DO Need to get this evaluated and I would suggest that you do so quickly.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/