Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Wed (2 days ago) dx'd by orthopedic chief of orthopedics USC…

Customer Question
Wed (2 days ago)...

Wed (2 days ago) dx'd by orthopedic chief of orthopedics USC lis Angeles) with tennis elbow (lateral) 2 injections by my rheumatologist there. Yes, rest , ice. Yeah yeah. Ok tonite I yanked on something (my bra strap in the back) SHARP sharp pain. Used ice. Ok its the weekend and everyone in California is sick with flu. On pain meds already for other things but still feel intense pain. However no swelling. Any suggestions (really don't want to go to E/R as I'm,pretty fragile.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Some for diabetes, hypothyroidism, hypokalemia, severe fibromyalgia, lupus. This feels as if something ripped. Is that possible. As I,mentioned, no swelling but I have kept ice on it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

For pain, following may help you;

1) Motrin / Tylenol.

2) Local analgesic cream.

3) A home made brace; tie the 3 layered towel and tie it with Velcro or some string. Let it be firm support around the pain site, but do not tighten it too much so circulation is not hampered.

You can buy a proper tennis elbow brace from Amazon.

A very mild massage may also help.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.