Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Have been diagnosed with possible kidney or bladder problem,

Customer Question
Have been diagnosed with...

Have been diagnosed with possible kidney or bladder problem, prescribed Macrobid 100 mg capsule every 12 hours and uro-mpcapsule every 12 hours. I am not vomiting but a very bad pain in the center of the abdomen and moderate pain in left side. Normal temp. is 97.4 current temp. is 99.4, which has always been the sign of a problem for me. Should I go to the stand alone med clinic. I am a 71 year old female

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not allergic to any med. Take Topiramate Tab 200MG once per day, Terazosin capsule 1 mg 2 x's per day, gabapentin cap 100 mg 3 x's per day, duloxetine cap 60 mg once a day and dexilant, 60 mg capsule once per day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have had 3 feet of colon and 1 foot of small intestine removed, diagnosed with ulcer (1965) and Gerd. In 2009 was hospitalized due to misshapen left kidney surrounded by fluid.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2018
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Since when are you having the urinary problems?Did the pain abdomen and vomiting start after the UTI/urinary problems?Any other symptoms apart from fever/Any chills or dysuria?Please give me more information,thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pain started after and every time I eat something I have explosive diarrhea. Am trying to drink as much water as possible but it makes my stomach hurt worse.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Started losing control of urine about 6 months ago and the pain has gotten worse in the last few days.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Before I went to Dr. Urinated into a clear glass jar and it looked like rusty water.

Severe to moderate stomach pain and explosive diaorrhea may be secondary to the nitrofurantoin /Macrobid.it would be prudent to discuss this with your doctor and discuss changing the antibiotic.Severe UTI can also cause stomach pain.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor