Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am experiencing severe spams across my upper back that…

Customer Question
I am experiencing severe...

I am experiencing severe spams across my upper back that nearly take my breath away. This has been happening for months but today it has lasted for hours. I have taken tums and alka seltzer. Seems to improve for a short time but comes back very powerful. Can't understand what it could be that it lasts so long this time. Usually half an hour but today it has continued off and on since about 3 this afternoon. It is 8:30 now,.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Have spoken to my family dr. on occasion and he thinks it is a digestive problem but it seems to be lasting much longer and also more severe.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Noy really. I have had gall bladder surgery 2 years ago and a complete hysterectomy 9 months ago. This has a much longer history than those.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2018
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

are you having any nausea or vomiting?