Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

4 years ago I took lithium then halidol then I told the

Customer Question
4 years ago I...

4 years ago I took lithium then halidol then I told the doctors that I was unable to even write my name because tremors had become so bad. They went away after I quit the meds. But recently I’ve started this very odd not involuntary more like compulsive blowing even with food in my mouth it’s horribly rude. Then jerks and spasms came back like when I was on the lithium only it hasn’t gotten as bad and is mostly when I’m overtired. I’ve had to quit working some. Started having bad migraines again. They stopped after quitting the lithium

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Yes nausea and not daily yet but steadily increasing. I have been having severe allergies which lead to sinus infections and I thought maybe the sinus headaches were causing the migraines.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve been on antibiotics for 6 months because I keep getting pylenephritis. I had to go to hospital 3 different times to get rocefran by IV.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2018
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query. Irregular Involuntary abnormal movement s of the limbs and facial muscle are a known side effect of Lithium..Tardive tics and dyskinesia are known to occur after taking lithium.Use of medication like Gabaagonistic drugs Baclofen,Clonazepam and Valproic acid have been useful in treating this.Other drugs like Triphenhexidyl and Tetrabenazine,reserpine and Amantidine are also useful in treating the abnormal tardive Dyskinesia(TD) seen with lithium.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor