Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How do I releivew a cough and chest congestion after flue? 3…

Customer Question
How do I releivew...

How do I releivew a cough and chest congestion after flue?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

3 or 4 days. I have been taking Musinex DM

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing that seems revelient to the flu I had.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
1/6/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. Well you need to take an antihistamine like cetirizine for flue related symptoms. Its viral so it takes its time to settle. You should also take steam to moisten up your airways and hence help with the cough/ chest congestion. Cetirizine should help with post nasal drip that can result in cough in case of flu.

If you have nasal congestion the flonase nasal spray can be very helpful.

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor