Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I jut noticed my right elbow is swollen and is a little

Customer Question
I jut noticed my...

I jut noticed my right elbow is swollen and is a little sore. It is the size of a golf ball maybe slightly smaller.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Just noticed it this evening. No injuries recently.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I'm pretty healthy and at 73 pretty active playing golf and doing yard work.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/6/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you have swelling, lump on the inner or outer side of the elbow?

Weakness, radiating pain to forearm or wrist?

Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Swelling is on the outside of the elbow.
I’m taking cholesterol, blood pressure and thyroid medice daily.
This service is only trying to make money and deceiving as it bates you into several steps of asking for fees.
Will definitely write you up on social media.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, it indicates Tennis Elbow - tendon inflammation of the muscles of the forearm where they attach to the outer elbow joint.

You should take OTC Advil.

Apply cool compresses with an ice pack twice a day for 5-10 minutes.

Extracorporeal shock wave therapy and physical therapy can be helpful.

Do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment.

A splint/brace should be used.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
I didn't send any request for a phone call or extra charges.
It can be an intrusion of automatic offers for premium services. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

You needn't accept them.
We can continue our conversation in this reply forum.

Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.