Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I wonder if you can give me a diagnosis, I have been

Customer Question
Hello , I wonder...

Hello , I wonder if you can give me a diagnosis, I have been suffering from on and off goose bumps for no reason which often leaves with a strange feeling for few secs etc

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Well I did have a uti with haematuria saw urology seems ok bladder etc .. but I get flushed face , some times sweating , heart racing which I put down to menopause .. it stoped for a while but the goose bumps are bac

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Well I had 3 major back ops but ok , waiting to have my ovaries out ... I have sinus / nasal problems ..it’s not grat

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I just think this goose bumps are.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
it’s like getting the shivers for no reason .even my colleagues noticed it no history of heart disease
would it be any thing todo with my back ?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to her about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for sometime so I'll quickly answer this question for you. Actually there are number of conditions which can cause this problem. The first one which comes to mind is that you could be experiencing irregular heart rhythm or beats which are known as heart arrhythmias. This is not exactly heart disease and can occur at any age group. This would explain all the symptoms that you have and can be diagnosed with the help of a simple EKG, echocardiogram and also with the help of a 24 hour Holter monitor which looks at the heart for a period of 24 hours. Once diagnosed it can be treated with specific medications.
Another cause of this could be associated with an endocrine problem such as a thyroid disorder. This can also explain all of your symptoms. It would be diagnosed with a simple blood test like thyroid function tests and then treated with medications depending on the exact nature of the problem. Given your symptoms it is likely to be hyperthyroidism.
Yet another cause of this could be associated with a disease known as carcinoid syndrome. This would cause the intermittent sweating, flushing etc and this occurs due to the release of chemicals from benign tumors in multiple locations in the body. This would be diagnosed with specific tests including 5 hiaa levels in the urine and mri of certain body locations. Once diagnosed it can be treated with medications and removal of the benign tumors.
I would suggest that you have your doctor look into these issues.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.