Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have very soft stool accumalting in mya anus espcially…

Customer Question
I have very soft...

I have very soft stool accumalting in mya anus espcially when i sit for a while

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None of the above, just soft stool collecting around my anus

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I used to be constipated very often, but now just soft stool collecting around my anus

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/6/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

It is possible that you are suffering from a condition known as Encopresis or fecal leakage.

This is a condition related to chronic constipation. In some people, some of the stool can become hard and compacted inside the rectum. This causes dilation of the rectum and anus. Softer stools can then leak by the side of the hard impacted stool mass and leak out.

Sitting down will open out the anus even more so that fecal leakage is present more when sitting down.

There may not be any control over this leakage and you may not even be aware at fist that the stool is leaking.

Please consult your doctor and ask for tests to confirm or rule out fecal leakage. You will need treatment o remove the impacted stools .

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.