Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a procedure done at 10:30 this morning called a nerve…

Customer Question
I had a procedure...

I had a procedure done at 10:30 this morning called a nerve root injection lumbar. I was given propofol, omnipaque,,celestone, and marcaine. I’ve had this done before with no side effects. Today I was very sleepy, unsteady on my feet,some dizziness, very weak. For the past hour I’ve been sweating, a feel like I’m havin heart palpitations. I took my bp and it was 160/101 and pulse 103. I take no med. and my bp is usually good. I don’t know if I should be concerned enough to go to er

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Mother father and 2 sisters died of heart attacks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

It is probably a reaction to the steroid in the shot

they likely used a different steroid this time

you definitely need checked though with that blood pressure and pulse

I would go to ER

I'm sorry this is happening to you

is this information helpful?

Thank you.

welcome

let me know how it goes

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/