Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain in my upper stomach about where my sternum is…

Customer Question
I have pain in...

I have pain in my upper stomach about where my sternum is found. The doctor has ruled out heart problems and reflux.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No, the pain started last night and I still have it. It may last a day and then go away. The be gone for a week or a few weeks then be back and be back for a couple of days.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a lap band. They checked that and said, that was fine.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 6 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long have you had the pain and how was reflux ruled out?

The pain has been coming and going for about a year. I went to my Lap band doctor and a cardiologist and they ran test and had me keep a food diary and try pepsid and the pill in the purple box to see if it helped with the pain. Neither worked.

Have you had upper endoscopy and a check for an H pyloric bacterial stomach infection?

I had an upper endoscopy and they found nothing. They did not check for H pyloric bacterial stomach infection that I know of.

Well you need to ask for the screen since it sounds like that's your problem here

It can easily be eradicated with a course of two oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information