Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I started with a fever sore throat coughing body aches and…

Customer Question
I started with a...

I started with a fever sore throat coughing body aches and fatigue .. 3 weeks later I no longer have a fever but still suffer from a constant cough and fatigue - do i need to see a doctor?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Currently do not have a fever.. I’ve been coughing for 3 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, just tired all the time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It is usually viral infection of the lower respiratory tract that give such symptoms and most of the times it is self limiting and can take up to 4 weeks for all the symptoms to disappear, specially cough goes at the end and you feel tired because of coughing. I would suggest you to inhale steam with menthol drops in it and if it persist after another week then do see a doctor for examination.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.