Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is cool, umm I was looking up the numbers for normal…

Customer Question
This is cool, umm...

This is cool, umm I was looking up the numbers for normal range of TSH I just did labs and my thyroid TSH is 193 thought I would see what it meant.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?

I get them done yearly, and i have maintained my weight even though i have a lapband..but i attribute that to the other meds that I am on.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high blood pressure, am being seen by a chronic pain specialist, hypothyroidism, and depression.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified MD

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

If your TSH was 193, this would be considered very elevated. A normal range (depending on the lab) is somewhere from about 0.5 - 4.0.

Did your lab result come with a reference range? Often times next to your particular result will be the "reference range" indicating what normal is. Better yet, can you send a copy of your lab result (without any name, birth day, identifying info etc).