Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What is the reason for TSH level to show 0.05, 2 weeks ago…

Customer Question
What is the reason...

What is the reason for TSH level to show 0.05

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?

2 weeks ago and yes i lost about 2kg in weight

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Before 2 weeks ago my blood test was absolutely normal

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A very low TSH means hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid).

TSH may also go low in people who are on thyroid medicines.

Free T3 and Free T4 too are important investigations which need to be taken in consideration with the TSH.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor