Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does it mean to have over 75 percent of the common

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean to have over 75 percent of the common illiac blocked. And what can you do for the pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had pain in back and lower. I have every injection etc. they said I have dvt to plus diabetes and neuropathy. They were going to amputate my tight leg 19 years ago bbecause of blood clot. The more I do the worse the pain. Night time very little sleep if any at all. My doctors look at my appearance . So they think I have no pain. Was in bad NCAA in 98 and things have gone bad since. I just need help on managing the pain. I take a lot of Motrin and anything else I can get like bbmnyquil to help me sleep. My legs swell up so big already been to ER 3 times thinking I has another blood clot. I have edema on top of it all help please

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Trams wreck in 98 torn thoracic aorta. Have Dacron patch. High blood pressure niw

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

This means that 3/4th of blood flow to the lower limb is not there which means a significant reduction in blood flow.

This is the reason for your pain and swelling in the limb complicated by neuropathy making the pain further worse.

You need a referral to a vascular surgeon and need re-vascularization treatment; either stenting or a bypass surgery

This will solve the problem to great extent.

Was it helpful?

Family Physician, Doctor