Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How long does it take for the Nicotine Transdermal System…

Customer Question
How long does it...

How long does it take for the Nicotine Transdermal System Pacth to start working after first applying to my body?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Nicotin Transdermal Patch, and yes I have seen a doctor.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well the Nicotine patch is geared to provide the highest level of nicotine in the bloodstream within 5 to 10 hours after correct application.

The nicotine begins to be absorbed into your bloodstream as soon as an appropriate area of your skin makes contact with the patch.

The half-life of nicotine is around two to three hours, so within 24 hours of using your last patch there will be very little nicotine in your system.

I hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.