Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

For a long while now, I have had this continuous sharp pain…

Customer Question
Hi, good morning. For...

Hi, good morning. For a long while now, I have had this continuous sharp pain around my tailbone when I pee. Its so sharp that I have to pause my urine and continue again. Sometimes, I have to repeat this stop and start method till am done with my pee. I did scams last year but nothing was found so I don't understand anymore. Could it be my sugar intake? Could be an infection?. Please I need answers, I am really concerned.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It should be more than 4 years now. It comes and goes. Nothing stops the pain until I finish the wee. Like it's comes very sharp, so I stop my pee. Then when I continue, it's comes again. Very very sharp and painful

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yeah... I was treated for Hydrocele sometimes in the past. Had a surgery tho

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What were the scans, investigations done?

What is your age?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, the scan was to check if I had a fractured tailbone or so. It's a been a while tho. I am 24 years old

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5-7 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay... Thanks. I will patiently wait for your response. Thanks

The pelvic pain can come from any or combination of following;

1) reproductive tract,

2) gastrointestinal system,

3) urological organs,

4) musculoskeletal system, and

5) psychoneurological system.

One of reason of this kind of pain is pelvic floor problems and weakness. Several organic and functional disorders of the urinary bladder, reproductive tract, anorectum, and the pelvic floor musculature cause pelvic pain and back pain. One of the cause to be considered for your pain is levator ani syndrome. Ask your physician to consider this entity and get the following investigations;

1) defecography,

2) pelvic MRI

3) nerve-conducting velocities and needle-electromyographic studies are used to help evaluate compression or entrapment neuropathy and pelvic floor function.

The treatment is following;

1) electrogalvanic stimulation,

2) biofeedback training,

3) digital massage of the levator ani muscles

4) sacral nerve stimulation

5) physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks you very much. I am from Nigeria though. I hope I can get all these treatments done here. Maybe that's the cause of my premature ejaculation problem... Lol, just saying. Thanks

You are very welcome.

This may be responsible for the premature ejaculation.

A specialist in urology or physical medicine can help you out with the treatment.

Following measures are helpful for premature ejaculation;

1) Application of lidocaine on glans about 20-30 minutes before the intercourse.

2) Learning of squeeze technique; your physician or urologist can give counsel about this (you learn to squeeze the erect penile shaft before the ejaculatory reflex is stimulated; see the resource also)

3) Medical therapy;

a) clomipramine, phenoxybenzamine are the medication which can be helpful to you.

b) Numerous studies have shown that selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and drugs with SSRI-like side effects are safe and effective to treat premature ejaculation. So you need to get the prescription of any of the following medications;

1) Sertraline

2) Fluoxetine

3) Clomipramine

4) Paroxetine

5) Citalopram

The other way suggested is the masturbate 3-4 hours before the sex. The ejaculation is significantly delayed than with the sexual act, if you get an erection in 3-4 hours.

4) Female up position; this delays the ejaculation

5) Avoidance of stress: performance stress, again increases the premature ejaculation and aggravate the situation.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi, i was charge extra $29, i wasnt informed about additional charges. i only agrrede to been charged $5
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor