Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently became extremly fatigued and looking for acause i…

Customer Question
I recently became extremly...

I recently became extremly fatigued and looking for acause i stopped using symbicort which i had been taking for 7 years for bronchiectisis iimediatly felt better but what cani do now for my lungs

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes ihave told my dr she gave me a different puffer but the possible side effects look just as bad

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had bronchiectisis all my life had lower left lobe removed 50 years ago have been pretty well these last few years before starting regular use of symbicort i had an allergic reaction to an ab now see a specialist every 6 months if things get bad ihave ascrip for tobramicin

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

have you got your cortisol level or ACTh hormone test done?

One of the common causes of fatigue are suppression of the HPA hormonal axis in the body due to Symbicort which you have been taking for so long and have stopped it now. Symbicort is a steroid medication and over a period of 7 years it surely may have suppressed the HPA axis that causes fatigue tiredness and rebound lung issue on withdrawal .

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician