Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently been diagnosed with myeloma. I have not

Customer Question
I have recently been...

I have recently been diagnosed with myeloma. I have not started treatment yet. I have not developed any confidence in my haematologist. Are there any specialists in Australia that specialize in myeloma? are there any specialists that you would recommend for a second opinion in QLD?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes. no medications for Myeloma

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Allergic to Penicillin. take Pristiq for depression and low dose Avanza at night for sleeping

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had two melanomas successfully removed from my face in 2017. Also mild kidney impairment that has been stable for many years

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

where are you going now?

St Andrews Hospital Toowoomba - Hematologist Dr Howard Monsando
I am willing to travel to Brisbane for a second opinion if necessary

I think you need to go to a large university center

which is the closest one?

61 409 488 924

I can't call

Are you in the USA

yes

understood - then you will not be in a position to give me the local advice that I am looking for

I can research for you

just click send to reply