Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a very localized pain in my right buttock. What could…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very localized pain in my right buttock. What could it be and how do I make it go away. Thank you. Ethel, 84 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About a week. Heat and Tylenol help a little.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Some arthritis at the base of my spine.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

This is definitely related to the back

do you have osteoporosis?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but after treatment it was upgraded to osteopina.

Ok

I am worried about a compression fracture

even with osteopenia this can happen

just rolling over in bed, I have seen this

I would get xrays of your spine

I'm sorry this is happening

is this helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not really helpful, but I thank you for your consideration of this matter. I will go to the local orthopedic doctors. Ethel

Why isn't it helpful Ethel?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The reply was vague and too "maybeish". We, you and I, tried but I would rather deal with a doctor face to face in a situation where if Xrays are needed they could be done on the spot and read. Thank you for your effort Dr. Phil, but this session just did not work out for me. Good night and good bye. Ethel

I'm sure you can appreciate that it is impossible to diagnose something like this with 100% certainty online

It is likely a disc or arthritis pressing on a nerve in the back. However, I'm worried about a fracture

so you need xrays

if there is no fracture then the treatment is chiropractic or physical therapy

that is about as specific as you will get from a doctor in person

would you say this is 5 star service?

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have any more questions, just reply :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor