Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When i eat some times when i swallow it hearts at chest

Customer Question
When i eat some...

When i eat some times when i swallow it hearts at chest level also i wiil spt up clear liguid for a long time mouth will fill up and need so spit and then it starts over again also burping some times i can hear gurgling sound

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Good no famly history of problems

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Other than that good health still working at 74

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms are suggestive of;

1) Acid reflux

2) Hiatal hernia.

The other possibilities for your symptoms are;

1) Esophageal spasm
2) Esophageal motility disorder
3) Esophagitis.

Following treatment may help you;

a) Calcium channel blockers (diltiazem, nifedipine) decreases the spasm and improves the movements of the esophagus.
b) Relaxation techniques.
c) Noncardiac chest discomfort in the setting of esophageal spasm and esophageal movement disorder (dysmotility) often shows good response to antireflux therapy, even in the absence of typical gastroesophageal reflux symptoms.
d) Reassurance and control of anxiety is extremely important.

Anti reflux therapy is;

1) antacids; Maalox

2) acid blocker; Prilosec

3) loosing weight, if overweight.

4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products

5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.

6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.

7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.

Following also would be helpful;

Nutrition and supplements;

1) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.

5) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil

Helpful investigations to establish and confirm the diagnosis are;

1) Esophageal manometry; evaluates esophageal motor pattern.
2) Esophagram / Barium swallow
3) Ambulatory esophageal manometry
4) CT scan of the chest.

5) Upper GI endoscopy.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl