Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have liver labs test questions. Particularly the high

Customer Question
levels of my AST and...
I have liver labs test questions. Particularly the high levels of my AST and ALT and how severe they are and what I need to do to correct this?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 6 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could I please see all of your liver panel results?

Please see attached

Thanks

Do you drink any alcohol or take anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen or take any tylenol?

Alcohol. I'm taking the month if January off and am going to start exercising. Will that be enough to get it in line? How bad is it?

Not bad at all actually

Those elevations are barely above the high normal so really it doesn't indicate any liver damage at all

With no alcohol they should be back to normal in a month

Please let me know if you need any more information