Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Was given penicillin for what doctor said was strep. After 6…

Customer Question
Was given penicillin for...

Was given penicillin for what doctor said was strep. After 6 out of 10 days of taking pills , I have had diarrhea for 2 1/2 days. It su

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Had triple bypass 8 weeks ago and also have type 2 diabetes. Should I discontinue the penicillin thinking it’s causing my diarrhea ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
1/4/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
How bad is the diarrhea? Any blood in it? Is mostly water or softer runny stools?
It last between 3 and 6 seconds each time. First night I went about 13 Times next day 10 time last night 0 Times today about 10 Times. Just fluid and very dark. Not quite black but very very dark brown !
I don’t have a stomach ache but have lost 7 lbs Was 197 now two days later 190 lbs.
I would immediately stop the antibiotics. I would try to take in more fiber over the next 1-2 days and see if it will resolve.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Otherwise please click the rating button when you get a chance.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD