Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Is there an orthopedist online? My son is in Finland playing…

Customer Question
Is there an orthopedist...

Is there an orthopedist online?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, my son is in Finland playing basketball and has a question.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/4/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
I am not an orthopedist but I handle the sports medicine related questions on here as a physician. I’m happy to address any issues or you can wait and see if an orthopest is available.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will wait for an orthopedist. Thank you!!
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

What is your question please?

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see that Dr. Arun in a general surgeon and not an orthopedist. Is there an orthopedist I could speak with?
Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Hello

I amCustomeran orthopedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.

I am not online all the time and just saw your question.

Please ask your question in detail.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Dr. Sawhney,
My son plays basketball overseas and he thinks he was hit in the forearm several days ago. It is not painful. When he flexes his wrist one of the flexor muscles in the forearm appears to bulge. When he passively pushes his hand back to flex, there is no discomfort but when he goes to shoot a basketball, he feels tightness in the forearm. He also says when he pushes on the area, something appears to be rubbing together. He would like to personally speak with you if you offer that service. I can have him call you. Thanks so much!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there? Thanks
I am reviewing your reply and would respond shortly.
He may use the call facility if he has a US or Canada number.
It is possible that he has sustained a blunt injury to a flexor muscle causing it to get inflamed.
This is appearing as a bulge infection and causing the rubbing feeling.
He should apply ice to the area 3 to 4 times a day to decrease any swelling associated with the injury.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would the Normatec Recovery arm sleeve help to expedite recovery? www.normatecrecovery.com
I have no personal experience with this but I have gone through the science behind this and it is likely to aid quicker recovery.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor