Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

The roof of my mouth is numb and feels similar to when I had…

Customer Question
The roof of my...

The roof of my mouth is numb and feels similar to when I had my teeth worked on. Also the tip of my tongue feels the same way. I do not have any current health issues except for a pinched nerve in my shoulder area. Just got off prednisone 2 days ago for a rash I had. Just curious if I should be concerned

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

Nope. No pain in my mouth. Surgery was done back in may of last year

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/4/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you have any trouble swallowing?

Also, do you see anything abnormal in the mouth like whitish patches?

No and no

So what you're experiencing isn't anything serious. It's hard to say what the cause is exactly but if you recently took prednisone it's common to get numbness after that since it's a medication that acts on the nerves. It's not anything dangerous but it can cause numbness temporarily.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Otherwise please click the rating button when you have a moment.

-Dr. Mo