Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Could this be water in my ear? swelling below left ear -very…

Customer Question
Could this be water...

Could this be water in my ear ? swelling below left ear -very painfull -hurts to move jaw-ear ache somewhat hearing is somewhat like being in a box- had the flu just prior to this

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No fever -no dizziness feels like lots of pressure in my head

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/4/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Are you taking any medicines?

Hard lump in jawline?

Phlegm at the back of the throat?

A stuffy nose?

Any other medical illness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

No Medication - Aleve for pain yesterday
No hard lump- the area is swollen more soft -tender
Nothing in back of throat
stuffy nose -just a little
Headache

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnoses may include Ear infection, eustachian tube blockage, Mastoiditis.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
Do nasal saline drops and Otrivin nasal drops.
You should do menthol steam inhalation and saline gargles.
Use a warm mist humidifier in your room.
Take Mucinex DM and Allegra.

Use OTC CVS ear drops.

You should elevate your head with an extra pillow.

Start a multivitamin & multi-mineral supplement.
If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor or ENT specialist for a clinical exam and get a prescription for antibiotics.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.