Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a headache, scratchy throat, and am congested. I felt…

Customer Question
I have a headache...

I have a headache, scratchy throat, and am congested. I felt slight feverish but that has gone away. I'm worried about TSS because I accidentally left a tampon in for close to 20 hrs.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea. The headache only came on a few hours ago after taking a nap

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/4/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is most likely related to viral infection of the upper respiratory tract and do not seems to be TSS . I would recommend you to take tablet tylenol, gargle your throat with salt water and inhale steam with menthol drops in it. Take lots of hot fluids like soups and chicken stock yo boost your immunity.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Ok thank you. Any symptoms I should watch for that could point to TSS?

Thanks for the reply.

Yo should keep an eye for high grade fever, lower abdominal pain and vaginal discharge.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.