Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About 4 months ago I hurt my penis while my partner and I…

Customer Question
About 4 months ago...

About 4 months ago I hurt my penis while my partner and I were having intercourse, the problem went away after a while, although it was swollen for a month or 2. the issue I have now is my penis is now curved rather than it original strait shape, I am wondering if I should have plastic surgery to straiten it again?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Is this your first time reaching out for information about it?

2 months and yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

more surgery on your penis can cause more scar tissue.

how much curvature is there?

Thank you Dr David

you are welcome

do you have other questions?

I am 44
it curves to half semi circle
should I just wait for the issue to resolve itself ?

can you upload a photo?

are you not able to have intercourse now?

i do not have a photo
Yes we can still have intercourse
its more of a aesthetics issue for me other than that everything works fine

that is good everything works fine

surgery can be risky on the penis.

I would not do surgery if you are able to have intercourse now

you can try to use your other hand to masturbate to try to straighten the penis more when you masturbate.

i dont masturbate as we have a very healthy sex life
its just changed in looks and I dont like it and I am worried it will get worse as well as I am not sure of why it has all of a sudden curved

most likely the curve was due to that trauma during intercourse 4 months ago.

swollen for 1-2 months means it was quite traumatic to your penis.

you need to be careful of your penis

how did you injure it? too rough of sex?

My wife was a virgin when we met and she is still rather small, when we have intercourse and she was on top my penis started to hurt over a period of a couple of weeks. it then calmed down and was no longer sore. however it has become curved in the last couple of months

you need to use more water based lubricant during sex.