Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 30 year old son can not keep any food or water down he…

Customer Question
Hi, my 30 year...

Hi, my 30 year old son can not keep any food or water down he went to doctor yesterday and gave him pills for diarrhoea and to stop the dizzies it has been 28 hours now and on change , should he go to hospital. thanks

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No normally very fit and healthy

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

has he taken any antibiotics for any reason in the past month?

ok

no

Ok he has a severe viral infection then

probably norovirus

I'm sorry this is happening

but he does need IV fluids

I would take him in for sure

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have any more questions, just reply :)