Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had this upper chest pain for more than a month. I…

Customer Question
I have had this...

I have had this upper chest pain for more than a month. I have had x-ray's and a CT scan and found no cause for pain. Pain mainly occurs at night when I turn from side to side and sometimes when I take a deep breath. Otherwise, I have very little pain during the day.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

Never had this before and no shortness of breath. I have been told by doctors that it has nothing to do with my heart.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have a history of reflux, but nothing recent. Even took reflux meds for a few days to see if reflux was the cause, but no change in pain.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you think it may be muscular ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

No.

The causes of the chest pain are:

heart

lung

muscle

food pipe hernia

gallbladder

kidney pain radiation

rib bone tumors

spleen

acidity

lung covering inflammation ( pleuritis )

Heart covering inflammation ( Pericarditis)

Food pipe spasms

Air pockets in the deeper part of the skin

Spontaneous Pneumothorax ?

Do you feel any of these may be causing ?

What is this a Multiple Choice answer?

Do you also get muscle stiffness ?