Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Recently developed a lump, or small bulge in my erection,

Customer Question
Recently developed a lump...

Recently developed a lump, or small bulge in my erection, but it hurt. No unusually event or reason, it just happened. Even flaccid there is a hard spot, almost like a pebble deep under the skin on one side, not visible but can’t be felt. What is this? (45 yrs old)

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

4-6 weeks, hard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Did have a doctor tell me about 6 years ago that I have a varicos vein in one festival (left), lump is on right side of penis

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

It is likely to be Peyronie disease.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peyronies-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20353468

Following are the various treatment modalities proposed for the Peyronie's disease;

Nonsurgical therapy for Peyronie's disease

Oral therapy

1) Vitamin E

2) Colchicine

3) Potassium aminobenzoate

4) Tamoxifen citrate

5) Carnitine

6) L-arginine

7) Pentoxifylline

Intralesional therapies

1) Steroids

2) Collagenase

3) Verapamil

4) Interferons

External energy therapies ; these are considered as latest techniques for the management.

1) Penile electroshock wave therapy

2) Iontophoresis

3) Combination therapy

a) Vitamin E and colchicine

b) Electroshock wave therapy with intralesional verapamil injection

c) Intralesional verapamil with oral carnitine or tamoxifen

d) Penile traction devices

Surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease; these are new techniques.

1) Tunica albuginea plication

2) Peyronie's plaque incision/partial excision and human pericardial tissue grafting

3) Straightening with penile prosthesis

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.