Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having stools that have contained small and

Customer Question
Hi I have been having...
Hi I have been having stools that have contained small balls and mucus at the start of the stool and then good consistency following for the rest of the stools (last 3 movements). I have also had pain in the coccyx area but seems to be unrelated to the bowels according to other DR. I have shared photos previously with other DR of stools here but seems to be fine on visual. Yesterday I had a stool Microscopy and I see that there are a few issues in the report with blood and cysts. Can you please advise the way forward and how concerning it is with blood present.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Can I ask your age?

40 years. Here is the rest of the story.Hi I have been having issues (mainly pain in coccyx bone area but according to response here probably not with bowls) and been in contact with another DR here but not online at the moment. I am keeping an eye on my stools. Still the same... bad to start and good at finish. Today I still have thesmall balls at beginning and noticed some mucus. I have attached some photos (sorry) of the beginning and end of bowel movement. Still just hydration needed? Anything to be concerned about? (I don't see any blood or anything)
Here are the files to view (see attached)RESPONSE:
Dr. Sohaib
Doctor
I don't see anything wrong with the stools in terms of color or form.But they appear hard in consistency which means you need better hydration and more fibres in the diet.02 January 2018 10:50
so no problem with the mucus in the stool around the hard bits at the beginning of the stool? I seem to be having hard small lumps/balls (joined together at the start of the stool) and this is where the mucus is.
02 January 2018 10:55
Dr. Sohaib Dr. Sohaib
Doctor
No problems with that.Some degree of mucus is normal with stools, its a natural lubricating mechanism.

have you had any tests?

this stool test done yesterday attached.
I had a number of other tests previously (last 6 months) in Australia for non related. CT Scan, chest, heart camera, abdomen scans, bloods etc. All clear.
Here is the CT scan report

it sounds like irritable bowel my friend

What about the blood and cysts in the stool report?

you can treat that but I doubt it is causing your symptoms

what do your doctors think?

Drs in oz were not conclusive about it. But the issues only recently has been the stools. Now here in Africa and found the blood and cysttoday. The medical system here in Africa is not good so any thoughts on the stool report would be helpful
Any thoughts on the blood issue?

I think the blood is probably just from the infection or IBS

I think you need to treat the entamoeba and the blood will go away

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have any more questions, just reply :)