Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I’m noticing my tongue has a tint to it, and also my throat…

Customer Question
Hello. I’m noticing my...

Hello. I’m noticing my tongue has a green tint to it, and also my throat is very dry when I wake up

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

Primarily in the back of tongue light towards the front

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you for your question.

Greenish discoloration of the tongue is usually due to yeast infection. Yeast infection of the tongue occurs readily when the person is suffering from dehydration and the tongue is dry.

Normally, saliva helps to wash away debris from the tongue and prevents yeast growth. but if dehydration occurs, the saliva flow is less and yeast grows readily.

Please consult a doctor for a prescription for antifungal medicines like Nystatin. Also drink plenty of fluids to help keep the tongue moist and hydration.

Eat fresh fruits - this will help scrape away the yeast growing on the tongue.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor