Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I having a problem in my digestive system there seems to be…

Customer Question
I having a problem...

I having a problem in my digestive system there seems to be a blockage and I cannot get food or water down

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I take lisnopril, pravastatin finsteride tamsuloisin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No but have been having problems digesting food I'm 75 years old and told by Doctor in Michigan that I was having this problem and he didn't think it was serious just part of getting older

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill try to quickly answer this question for you, if you can give me some more information. Can you tell me where the food/water seems to get stuck....is it in the throat or down in the chest? Do you vomit out the food? Any pain in the chest or throat? Any foul odor coming from the mouth?