Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Drank Gatorade then threw up shortly after. It was red

Customer Question
Drank Gatorade then threw...

Drank Gatorade then threw up shortly after. It was red Gatorade and my vomit had quite a bit of red in it. Could this be caused by the Gatorade, or was it actually blood I was throwing up?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I've thrown up about 8 times in the last week. Went to urgent Care the other night and they said it could be some sort of virus or the possibility of even a stomach ulcer. They weren't able to say much aside from that.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope, nothing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

The red colour in your vomit is unlikely to be blood. For bleeding to occur from your stomach, you would have had to have an ulcer or rw area in the stomach. This would have caused considerable pain for some time before the episode of vomiting.

The red colour is from the red Gatorade.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.