Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Recently I was diagnosed with Microscopic colitis after

Customer Question
Second opinion] Recently I was...
Second opinion] Recently I was diagnosed with Microscopic colitis after having a sample taken from a colonoscopy. My question is would that cause discomfort in the area right above the belly button? Or would that be something completely different.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Microscopic Colitis is a chronic condition in which there is collagen deposit on the mucosal surface of the colon.This usually causes watery diarrhea,abdominal cramps/pain ,nausea and weight loss.Discomfort on or about the umbilicus /belly button can be secondary to the disease process and will usually respond to therapy.Discomfort or pain in this area can also be secondary to other problems like Pancreatic disease/gall bladder ailments/duodenal ulcer among others.It would be prudent to discuss this with your PCP/Doctor who can examine you and provide treatment like antispasmodics /analgesics for the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They did a ct scan of the abdomen/pelvis shortly after. Would that pick up something bad like stomach cancer?

Yes that would pick up any mass or tumour/malignancy.In all probability,thies is secondary to the Microscopic Colitis.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor